Collaboration

Regarding the collaboration side of this project, I had no worries at all. Lizzie and I had worked with each other in first year for the Animation Project, so I knew she would work hard and communicate really well. Lizzie and I also live with one another and are very close friends so we thought it would be fun and convenient to work with each other. We did have our worries that we’d end up getting sick of one another, being around each other all day everyday, but luckily we didn’t and continued to communicate throughout the project.

Before Christmas Break, Lizzie and I would do our work together in my room to keep each other in the loop of our progress. We would continue to ask one another advice on our work as we had both researched Star Wars and had a strong idea of the style of the franchise we should be going for.

Lizzie went home quite early on in December so the ret of our communication was done via Facebook or we had the occasional call on teams. The main times we would have a Teams call was before a tutorial and before our formative assessment so we could update our joint presentation. Our first tutorial with Claire and Geraldine was done together, so we had a call a few days before and the night before to run over what we wanted to say. This was the same for our Formative assessment, but for that we used the collaborate feature on Powerpoint, which allowed us to both edit the same Powerpoint document on our progress. This feature was very useful and is something I will use in future collaborations.

Lizzie and I message regularly anyway, so it was quite easy to stay in contact. The same as before, we have been checking in on each other asking how the project is going, and how far we’ve gone with our progress, any issues or for any help and advice.

After our assessment presentation, Lizzie and I didn’t really need to do anymore collaboration work, however we still message often to check up on each other. We have also planned on doing a collaborative piece of artwork joining Lizzies character and my set together, as they compliment each other quite well. I plan to post the results of our collaborative artwork.