Unit 7 Part 1 – Star Wars

Before starting this project I had an idea as to who I wanted to work with and what kind of work I wanted to do, so I was really looking forward to it.

Upon receiving the brief, the project seemed very challenging and a great opportunity to explore areas that I’ve recently become interested in such as concept art, story boarding and 3D modelling. I wanted to use this unit in order to improve my current skills in 3D modelling by making the move from SketchUp to Blender. I also wanted to improve in storyboarding, as I did it for the animation project last year, but there’s always space to improve.

The person I chose to collaborate with was Lizzie Earl. Lizzie is one of my housemates and is also a very close friend, we work well together and have a similar work ethic. We also worked together for the animation project last year, so we already knew we would be absolutely fine!

Blog

For this project I have approached the blog a little differently. Rather than having all of my work on one page, I am trying to utilise the pages feature more so I can separate my work more efficiently.
I plan to structure my work on my blog in two main categories…

1 . Final Design Process work
2. Extras (Research, Lectures, Tutorials, Book review, feedback)

In order to link the “Extras” pages to my “Final Design Process”, I will add footnotes throughout my Final Design Process page, by adding hyperlinks to the research/tutorials/lectures I’ve used for that piece of work

eg. My initial design for the Jedi Temple did not have the Star Wars look I was going for (see the Sketchbook page for reference)